Windows 10 does not open pictures on my camera

Reaction score
I recently wiped my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10. Everything is working great now for the past week or so. However today I plugged in my Olympus SZ -31MR and Windows did not open the pictures. It recognized the camera as drive "F" and then I saw DC, and then DCIM, I think as I used to see before on this computer. But when I click on the last entry, DCIM, it tells me the folder is empty, or does nothing. I tried the camera on two other Windows 10 computers in the house, and they both open the pictures on the camera. I searched the Olympus site looking for drivers etc, but found none. There were new updates for the camera, I guess I can do, but no drivers. Windows 10 did open the pictures on this camera before the reinstall. Any suggestions ? Thanks, Mike

Reaction score
Update. OK, I tried to update my camera, but was told that it is currently up to date. The latest message that I got when I plugged the camera into the USB port is this. F:\DCIM IS NOT AVAILABLE. THE REQUEST COULD NOT BE PERFORMED BECAUSE OF AN I/O DEVICE ERROR. Again, when I attach this camera to two other computer running Windows 10, they recognize and open the picture. Just a note...I have an adapter. If I put the memory card into that adapter, and then plug the adapter into the USB port, the pictures are recognized and opened.

Ask a Question