Windows 10 don't detect my USB iPod shuffle

Reaction score
1.) In device manager, under portable devices nothing shows up but my USB flash drive. 2.) ln device manager, there's know detection of Apple software update or anything from apple, it's like iTunes isn't on my computer. 3.) So how can I update the drivers.

Reaction score
Is Itunes uptodate? 12.3.3.17 is the latest on Windows 10. I don't have an iPod shuffle but my iPad connects and syncs perfectly

Reaction score
Yes Tim I have the latest version of iTunes, I upgraded from windows vista to W10. In vista it did the same thing, it started working then it just stopped. My mp3 disc show's up in iTunes but iPod shuffle do not. First W10 do not detect the iPod when plugged in the USB port so how can iTunes detect it. Thank you for your help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You might try a different USB port, a different USB cable for the connection, or try the device (cable and all) on a different machine, just to confirm that it is a problem with the Win10 computer and not the device or its' connection.

Reaction score
Thank you trouble for your help. But the iPod does work when plugged in, the light comes on the iPod. Which one do I find out first, how to get W10 to detected the Apple drivers or how to get Apple software update to detect iPod shuffle, Apple software update do detect icloud when first installed but not the shuffle, plus Apple don't show up under anything in Device Manager under anything. LOL I need to change my name to stillneedhelp. thanks

Reaction score
I am having same problem except my device is a Kindle Fire HD 3rd generation. Worked great in Win 7 but since the upgrade to 10 neither file explorer or device manager sees it. I have tried all of these suggestions nothing has worked. Good news is I can get my apk files installed thru wirelessly FTPing, it just bugs me that win 10 cannot see it. And do not call Amazon for help they have no clue lol. If you get Win 10 to see the iPod perhaps that will work for me :) Thanks

Ask a Question