Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score

Bif

Reaction score
Sounds like some interesting and creative additions, Will be waiting with bated breath...;)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It may very well be.
I hope, those of us who post frequently on this forum will take every opportunity to remind other members to back up their critical data as well as create a hard drive disk image
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/
Not every "upgrade" always goes as planned, can take a physical toll on older hardware (especially hard disks) and can leave you on occasion with some awesome troubleshooting tasks if you don't have a strong fall back position that a disk image can provide.

Also, that obtaining the actual ISO, as soon as it is available and creating installation media from that, can provide an invaluable resource for troubleshooting an unbootable machine.

Reaction score
Trouble I must be a mind reader, what you suggest is very important. I did what you suggested just last night. That is,created a manual restore point, backed up My Docs Folder, created a disk image, and downloaded the most recent Windows 10 ISO.
We will never exactly know when Redmond will unleash what could possibly be all hell, be ready, because we don't know when they will come, or at what hour.

Bif

Reaction score
Must be contagious, did the same this morning!..:)
The new Moto..
Just when you thought it was running smoothly...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I did what you suggested just last night
did the same this morning
Now if we could just convince everyone to do the same.

I'm always shocked and distressed when I see someone in dire straights ( a machine that won't boot ) with no backup of their critical data not to mention, no disk image to fall back on.
With today's relatively small cost of large external media (USB Drives) and cheap or even free software to perform backups and disk imaging, it's sometimes difficult to be supportive of their predicament.
It's not like hard drives (even new ones) can't fail. They do.... all the time. AND OS files can be corrupted by any of a host of various means rendering the computer unbootable.

Something as simple as a disk image (assuming the hard drive is not physically failing) can set things right again in a matter of minutes.
I can boot from my Acronis rescue media and recover my SSD OS drive from my USB 3.0 external drive in 7 minutes.
While I will admit, I probably don't do it as often as I probably should, it wouldn't even occur to me to perform something as serious as an OS "Upgrade" without performing a disk image immediately before proceeding.

Reaction score
Trouble I agree with you 100% If you have a minute I'll tell you a horror story that you've heard so many times, however, this one has a happy ending.

A month ago, something went terribly, terribly wrong with my PC. I'm not sure if I created the problem or a MS update did; what caused the fatal error is irrelevant.
Bottom line, when I booted my PC (which was working fine on shutdown) I got a message "No OS Found" That message raised the hair on the back of my neck. I tried everything to reboot "NO Luck" the OS was not to be found. I reach for and inserted my Acronis Rescue disk, rebooted and restored a system image that was made 3-4 days before the crash. Never had an issue so serious, what a relief it is to be proactive with Backup backup backups, yet the majority of users say "If only I had created an image. Folks if you haven't made a recent back up or image, "Why Not"

Reaction score
There have been countless folks encountering a can't boot type message. They come in different forms but usually revolve around the Boot Files or OS or Boot Device.

Norton, you know your OS did not just disappear. It was probably on the drive somewhere. If it happens to me, I will try very hard to pin down why these types of things are happening.

Because the messages vary as to the cause, there are probably more than one basic reason.

But the truth needs to be told. Microsoft is just waiting until after the iPhone 8 release calms down ... ;)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
But the truth needs to be told. Microsoft is just waiting until after the iPhone 8 release calms down
Ah yes..... the iPhone 8.
I hear that it is set to come out about the same time as the all new Samsung Galaxy Note 8, supposedly compared to its' predecessor the Note 7, it's suppose to have more of everything..... except the spontaneous combustion part.:eek:

Reaction score
I saw a popup on my iPod about OS 11. I suppose that means the Fall Creator's Build update will be called Win 11 ????? ;))

I still don't understand why, when you insert a smiley face is always inserts at the top of the post and not where the cursor is.. Maybe some admin could work on this.......

Reaction score
"Test"

;)
Saltgrass My smiley insertion has always (Firefox) worked fine. I just typed "Test" > enter > enter, cursor moved 2 lines down and I inserted smiley at the cursor position. What browser are you using?

Reaction score
I'm using IE. I type a paragraph the leave the cursor at the end and select one of the smiley faces and it places it at the beginning of the paragraph. I can use the keys to represent the face and it works fine.

I just tried it again after jumping two lines down and that works fine. I can then back up to the place at the end of the paragraph and it works. Maybe just some sort of glitch but it seems to happen quite often.:(

Reaction score
Saltgrass Strange behavior, Windows 10 is like a box of chocolates. It shouldn't be that way.

Ask a Question