Windows 10 Fall Update (Threshold 2) RTM will be build 10586

Reaction score
http://winaero.com/blog/windows-10-fall-update-threshold-2-rtm-will-be-build-10586/

Microsoft has signed off build 10586 as the 'Fall Update' for desktop users and also for mobile phones. This means that the mentioned build will be released not only for Windows Insiders but also for Windows 10 RTM users. Windows Phone 8.1 users will receive the update to Windows 10 Mobile as it is the next step up for all supported devices.

Windows-10-build-10576-power-menu-600x450.png

Windows 10 Threshold 2 will be the first major update since Windows 10's launch. It includes all released security fixes and stability patches along with new features and options.

If you are a Windows Insider, the Fall Update might not surprise you that much. Insiders will be familiar with the changes and new features of the upcoming release, including apps like Messaging, Skype and other interface tweaks.

I recommend you to read the following article which mentions all the major changes and expected features of Windows 10 Fall Update (Threshold 2) RTM:
Windows 10 Threshold 2 might be released on November 10
Please keep in mind that Microsoft has still not named the official launch date. So November 10 is just a guess. Let's wait for a couple of days to see what Redmond has planned for end users

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
We should know something in six more days on the next "Update Tuesday"

Reaction score
Looks good. No problems on laptop. It feels faster than 576

Desktop, as usual, left the Nvidia card overscanning. This may be my tv of course as it is set to 1080p. W10 works with 1824 * 1026 to exactly fill the screen on this TV Anyway that happens on every release and on every new Nvidia driver.

I have Office 2016 on these machines. Icloud update came up and would not install probably because Outlook 16 is there. An Nvidia driver update also came up and near the end of the install Windows complained that rundll32 had been asked to exit in an unsupported way....whatever...the Nvidia driver was installed and everything still worked.

Reaction score
I tried three times to update with three failures. The hell with this. Windows 10 has wasted way too much of my time. If it is available on The 10th using WU fine, if not I will wait.

Reaction score
I presume you were updating from Insider build 10576 or 10581. I do wonder why a machine that successfully can run those either of those first 2 TH2 builds would have trouble with this one. The perennial problem with PCs, every one is subtly different...it has been like that since about 1982. Surprising that MS have ever made a stable OS at all!

Reaction score
Ran 100% for me. I would criticise, though, that it took longer for the indtall than a fresh install, which I have also completed.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I figured out what was wrong. I have an SSD with 24gB of ram , well I had it set to 512-1024 and the update process just ran out of memory. I figured this out afetr I went to sleep. It updated on the first try this AM

winver.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
And I noted...
No expiration date, which is generally typical of preview builds and the Version number 1511 indicating November 2015 which may have some significance

Reaction score
And I noted...
No expiration date, which is generally typical of preview builds and the Version number 1511 indicating November 2015 which may have some significance
That is when the real TH2 will be released or RV1 or whatever it is called.

As to prior Preview Builds, they all had an expiration date of October 15,, 2016.
This one has none.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As to prior Preview Builds, they all had an expiration date of October 15,, 2016.
Exactly.....
That is what happened to those of us who participated from the beginning. We had our free upgrade to Windows 10 installed and a lot of us didn't even realize that we were already on the final RTM build 10240 until later.

Reaction score
Exactly.....
That is what happened to those of us who participated from the beginning. We had our free upgrade to Windows 10 installed and a lot of us didn't even realize that we were already on the final RTM build 10240 until later.
I was in it from the start as well,, I think it was build 9926..

Ask a Question