windows 10 fall upgrade on one laptop stops file sharing with Windows 10 laptop

Reaction score
after Windows 10 updated itself with the large fall update, file sharing between another laptop running the previous Windows 10 and the laptop with the upgraded Windows 10 laptop only works one way. Previously (not using Homegroup) but just turning on file sharing on both, allowed them to see each others files. Now the laptop with the previous Windows 10 cannot see files on updated Windows 10 laptop. It can only get to \\computername\users and not go further down to the named users (i.e. \\computername\users\name ). Rechecked permissions and file sharing is still turned on. Updated Windows 10 laptop can access Windows 10 laptop files OK.
Anyone experiencing this???

Reaction score
I will bump you to the top of the list with this post. I have not had this problem but it will probably go away after the laptop updates or after they both update to the latest update Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.36).

Reaction score
Now after the other laptop updated to Windows 10 fall (version 1511) file and print sharing will not work at all between laptops. I was hoping once they both got to the same level of Windows 10 the issue would resolve.
I will have to investigate using "Homegroups" to see if that will allow file/print sharing to work??

Reaction score
May I add, please make sure that airplane mode is turned off. I pulled most of my hair out before I discovered this. my toshiba uses f12

Ask a Question