SOLVED Windows 10 File dates not correct- off by days in the past

NLL

Reaction score
I am seeing files generated by print to pdf or another PDF generating program and possibly other programs
Examples today 23 May
Print to PDF gave 13 May
Nuance PDF gave 12 May
In other cases
23 May date saved as 17 May
This is on three different computers Win10 Home, Win 10 Pro and on Win 10 Home original install and other Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade
This has been a lingering problem
Clocks on all PC set correctly, dates verified - other files like word docs etc seem to save correctly
But may not be limited to PDF files so not sure
Has anyone else sen this problem????????????
Correction
Thanks
NLL

NLL

Reaction score
Hi NLL,

I haven't noticed anything like it myself, did you install Adobe reader or a different PDF tool?.

https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/ (UK English version) :)
Actually it gets better and may not be Windows 10 related -but at this point not sure
Found the following
uSoft PDF print,Nuance PDF Standard, Word 2013 all have the problem
BUT
It appears it may be related to storing files on our RAID system and does not occur for everything but does involve multiple computers

So more testing file type vs the issue and raid drive used etc

Still odd
More in a bit
Cheers
NLL

NLL

Reaction score
WhIle this seems a bit odd. Ran Antivirus/Malware scans on the Drobo Raid system - -quarantined the bad files -and Viola- problem seems to have disappeared. Kind of puzzling how something "Stored" in the standalone Raid system could cause the problem but so far so good..Had already run on th various PCs-in fact it is active all the time - problem remained until the Drobo was scanned
I'll return should the time shift return.

Ask a Question