Windows 10 freezes every now and then, then resumes

Reaction score
Hi Tech Guys!

Since I've updated from windows 7 to windows 10, the computer occasionally freezes for about 10 to 30 seconds and nothing but the mouse pointer works.

It happens every now and then but mostly a few minutes after the computer has started and then every now and then. If it freezes in the middle of a download for example, the download simply continues after the freeze ends.

I have scanned the PC with numerous anti virus applications such as ESET NOD32, Malewarebytes and Norton.

Anybody could help me??

Please let me know if I need to send any additional info.

Regards,
/Nader

Reaction score
Just a troubleshooting suggestion :

Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > select Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.....

sfc /scannow
> press Enter.

It will take quite sometime. When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports : (paraphrasing )

1. No integrity violation.
2. Found corrupt files and repair successfully.
3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If report is #1. Your solution lies elsewhere.
IF report is #2, go see if everything is now working ok.
If report is #3, please do the following........

Right click at Start button > select Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.....

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.

Again, it will take some time. When finished it will give you a report.
If it says operation successful, go see if everything is now working ok.

Reaction score
I wonder why sfc /scannow doesn't invoke that command when it finds something it cannot repair. Or at least output a comment to suggest it.

Are all these admin style command listed somewhere ?

Reaction score
sfc /scannow complete. Verification 100% complete.

I got a response that: Windows Resourse PRotection did not find any integrity violations.

Would do a dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth now..

Reaction score
David, no wonder I had not heard of it. When I retired in 2006 the company was still considering upgrading workstations from Windows 2000 and servers from Windows 2000 Advanced server to Server 2003. We had had a stable environment since 2000 and only a few privileged people had upgraded to XP. By the dates on the paper in the link this stuff was introduced with Windows 8.

My access to Technet and the MSDN kit went away when I retired.

Reaction score
DISM complete, 100% successful: The restore operation complete successfully.

I will post the outcome if I still get errors or not

Reaction score
Hate to be bearer of bad news.
In light of sfc found nothing to repair, I don't think my suggestion has solved your problem.

Reaction score
Hate to be bearer of bad news.
In light of sfc found nothing to repair, I don't think my suggestion has solved your problem.
Do post back whether the problem still persists or not.
If problem not changed, someone here may be able to help.

Ask a Question