Windows 10 HDR (High Dynamic Range) Problems

Reaction score
I got a new 4k HDR TV and when I enable HDR in windows 10 display settings, my TV gets really dark, colors get washed out, and text has some weird artifacts. I want to use HDR in windows to take advantage of my new TV. I can put up the brightness to fix the dark issue, but I still can't fix the washed out colors and text artifacts. Are there some settings that I need to further adjust on my TV or PC? Thanks

Reaction score
Could you change the refresh rate to 60 to see if it works. I have Bravia XBR43X800D and it solves the issue.

Reaction score
What resolution can your computer deliver on the HDMI-port?? 3840x2160 ?
What HDMI version does your computer have?? If it has Version 1.4 or lower, the computer is not 4K ready, if it has Version 2.0 or higher then it is able to supply 4K content. Another thing to consider: the right HDMI cable. The cheap ones that come with a cablebox or sat receiver do not support HDMI 1.4 or higher, they go only to V1.3 .
The right cable makes most of the difference.

BTW: if you turn off HDR on your computer but leave it on at your TV, does it improve the quality?? It may be possible that both devices "fight" each other....

Ask a Question