Windows 10 Insider Preview 14931 - Error 0x80070008

Reaction score
This error has been around for years...long before W10. It appears that it is showing that you don't have enough 'storage'. Whether that means disk space or RAM is not clear. I would beware that many hits on Google are pointing to some piece of software that claims to fix the error.

So What are you doing to get this? Is it while downloading the Build? or after it is running. Doing a disk cleanup so that you have 20 GB at least on your C: drive may well solve the problem as A Windows full build which an In sider preview usually is expands from the download 4GB to around 18GB at install time before it has moved the existing OS to Windows.old

Reaction score
Thank you.
I am getting this AFTER it was downloaded and began to "preparing to install".
I only have about 12GB free on my C: drive.
But with 6GB left on my C: drive, it only asked me to free 5GB.
Did this condition still cause the problem?

Well, there was a suggestion during the pre-installation that I can use external drive to install the new build.
Maybe the better option.
Thanks.

Reaction score
This error has been around for years...long before W10. It appears that it is showing that you don't have enough 'storage'. Whether that means disk space or RAM is not clear. I would beware that many hits on Google are pointing to some piece of software that claims to fix the error.

So What are you doing to get this? Is it while downloading the Build? or after it is running. Doing a disk cleanup so that you have 20 GB at least on your C: drive may well solve the problem as A Windows full build which an In sider preview usually is expands from the download 4GB to around 18GB at install time before it has moved the existing OS to Windows.old

I do not buy this. I had this issue about 10 times installing 14936. I have a 500Gb SSD and only was using less than 40 Gb's , so something else is at play here. MS support was useless,

Reaction score
Gideon I agree that it's not the storage issue at least not for me. I have over 1 TB free on my hard drive and get this same error message (0x80070008) when trying to update to Build 14936 - have tried several fixes but still no luck - did you finally get your Windows 10 Preview Build to update with 14936 and if so how did you rid yourself of the error code?

Reaction score
Gideon I agree that it's not the storage issue at least not for me. I have over 1 TB free on my hard drive and get this same error message (0x80070008) when trying to update to Build 14936 - have tried several fixes but still no luck - did you finally get your Windows 10 Preview Build to update with 14936 and if so how did you rid yourself of the error code?

Hi there. Have the problem had a solution?

Reaction score
Hi there. Have the problem had a solution?
Still looking for a solution, I even tried to reset my PC thru settings but it gets to where it asks for my keyboard selection for the language and it doesn't recognize my mouse at that point so it's also useless - I'm tempted to try out Linux for a while and if it works for me change my other 4 PC's to match and say goodbye to this frustration with MS...........

Ask a Question