SOLVED Windows 10 Insider Preview 18922.1000

Reaction score
Clicked on power and selected Update and Restart. This resumed the update and finished ok. So far this works.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Took forever but installed without anything weird going on.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Some problems have been detected, select this message to resolve them and complete the update. Fix problem but appears "unable to update reserved system partition"

Reaction score
Some problems have been detected, select this message to resolve them and complete the update. Fix problem but appears "unable to update reserved system partition"
It might be helpful for us to see a picture of your Disk Management window. It appears there is not enough space in one of the small partitions to add what the install needs, or the install just messed up.

@TedWilt The 0x80070005 error means "access denied" so you might look to see what could be causing it.

Reaction score
Of the 2 IP computers I had one that worked straight-away albeit it slow but other got that message 3 times before it finally got updated. I'm thinking it was because it only has a 10/100 Ethernet/NIC adapter while the first has a Gigabit [10/100/1000] adapter, both built on the motherboard.

Reaction score
I have Gigabit on motherboard. I have 320 MB free on D partition and 48 GB free on C.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
When they announce the failure as part of the known issues
Capture.PNG

It doesn't surprise me to learn that there may be others as well.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It appears there is not enough space in one of the small partitions to add what the install needs
I thought that was why they grabbed more space on everyone's hard disk and reserved it so that this sort of problem would no longer be an issue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought that was why the grabbed more space on everyone's hard disk and reserved it so that this sort of problem would no longer be an issue.
We are not talking about a C partition, but one of the small recovery or system partitions.

I am not sure I agree with everything this Microsoft site brings up, but it is interesting they mention some Anti-virus programs may be writing to these types of partitions. But all they seem to be able to do is delete the Fonts folder in certain places. Otherwise, a third party software is needed to increase the size, once you know which partition it is.

Ask a Question