Windows 10 instalation after rebuild

Reaction score
Good Morning All

I was hoping that a resident expert or two may be able to assist. I was recently passed a Sony Vaio (see attached specs) and was asked if "there was anything I can do with it as its not working and has been that way for over a year".

The problem at hand was that upon start up the machine got stuck at the Vaio logo and stubbornly refused to go any further. I managed, with the assistance of a USB repair tool to get the machine to repair the machine and effectively rebuild it back at factory settings - Windows 8

I am led to believe that before its untimely demise that it was running Windows 10 - my question to all is whether it is possible to put Windows 10 back on it and if it is how / where can I do it?

Thanks

Reaction score
You can download the Media creation tool, here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

This has to be installed, and will then download MS Windows 10 for you.
If, as you surmise, Windows 10 has been installed previously, it should be registered on the MS servers, with that motherboard. No activation will be needed. In fact, during the installation do not put in any key, just by pass it where you see that option.

Ask a Question