SOLVED Windows 10 Install from an OEM disk

Reaction score
I have had no success in installing Windows 10 as an upgrade to Windows 7 on my newly built system. What I intend to do tomorrow is to install from the OEM disk which I just purchased for $117.14 from A...... I may return the Windows 7 disc ($61) for refund if it is successful. If not the Windows 10 disc goes back for refund and I will keep Windows 7. Yes, they will issue full refund and free return shipping no questions asked. That is an additional $56.14 to acquire Windows 10 (including a disc) but worth it to me
I'd cross my fingers but those from my planet only have one digit per limb. Good when irritated but no help here.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'd cross my fingers but those from my planet only have one digit per limb
With one on each limb, I think that would still work, maybe an unconventional finger crossing but I think it still counts.

Reaction score
With one on each limb, I think that would still work, maybe an unconventional finger crossing but I think it still counts.
Yes, that works. I just installed Windows 10 with the disk and it was very fast and uneventful. I have customized the installation and it looks and acts perfectly. I will dual boot with Windows 7 later when I get a bigger hard drive but this is perfect.
It is unclear why I could not upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 but I got here the old fashioned way. Finally!

Last edited:

Ask a Question