Windows 10 Is A Disaster Area

Reaction score
i have run windows 10 now for 5 weeks and my god what a disaster. i did it as a fresh install and wish i had not gone anywhere near it.
slowed down my laptop with multiple freezes yet my win 7 laptop is fine
forced updates that never install properly and often shutdown my PC
wifi disabled with every update and has to be re-paired
sound disabled every update even though i have updated drivers
edge browser is quite some pathetic joke, stick to firefox
win 10 graphics and icons look like a 4 year old designed them

microsoft should not have released this pile of rubbish until it was fully ready.

stick with windows 7, best by far. 8/8.1/10 not fit for use

Reaction score
so another batch of updates this week and wifi/sound/mouse all disabled and had to re-installed. this windows 10 is a joke

Reaction score
Then go back to your previous version. Windows 10 isn't a forced update...........yet.

Reaction score
Windows performed an update today, and it said it uninstalled Classic Shell because Classic Shell does not work with the Windows update!!! Basically, Microsoft just turned my useful computer into a giant paperweight! Help please!! I took computers at OSU back in '83 and have been savvy with computers and technology until Windows 8 came out. I don't get the new interface even though I tried for years to understand it. I can't figure out 10 on this machine either because it looks like Win8 since the "update" killed shell. I can't function like this. Hell of a Christmas present, Microsoft. Please help me, and please fix this horrific damage you've done here!!

Reaction score
Windows has been effed since Win8. At least Classic Shell made it usable. Today, Microsoft nerfed even that work-around. Wth happened to Microsoft?!?!?!?

Reaction score
Windows performed an update today, and it said it uninstalled Classic Shell because Classic Shell does not work with the Windows update!!! Basically, Microsoft just turned my useful computer into a giant paperweight! Help please!! I took computers at OSU back in '83 and have been savvy with computers and technology until Windows 8 came out. I don't get the new interface even though I tried for years to understand it. I can't figure out 10 on this machine either because it looks like Win8 since the "update" killed shell. I can't function like this. Hell of a Christmas present, Microsoft. Please help me, and please fix this horrific damage you've done here!!

Reaction score
Have you tried just re-installing Classic Shell? I have seen W10 updates uninstall all kinds of innocuous stuff and giving that reason. You might have to try a compatibility mode.

T_J

Reaction score
I upgraded W7 to W10 in February. My 2012 Dell i3 desktop works perfect, although since I have slow DSL, I have to sometimes wait for updates to download before streaming anything.

I'm currently running Edge (typing this post), watching CNN (Sling TV app), and have W10 mail app running. Actually W10 on my desktop looks and functions about the same as W7 did, so have no need for Classic Shell.

Reaction score
I am running Windows 10 on both my laptops and so far I have only issues on one. Both of them are 8 and 9 years old and Windows 10 runs much faster than Windows 7 on it.

Ask a Question