SOLVED Windows 10 ISO

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 Pro, fully updated 1703 (OS Build 15063.674) I just downloaded the latest ISO and burned to CD. When downloading the ISO, I unchecked the box "Download for this PC" thinking that I could use the same CD ISO to boot up if necessary and perform a clean install on the Grandkid's PC, which happens to be Windows 10 Home Edition, fully updated. Is my way of thinking correct.

Thanks!
@Norton

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sounds "correct" to me, as long as the system architecture matches (32 or 64 bit)
OR
You chose "both" when you downloaded the ISO.

Capture.PNG

Although after tomorrow you may want to do it all over again for the "Fall" Creators Update version.

Reaction score
It should work. There's usually only 2, very important, choices given, either 32-bit or 64-bit and you'll need to determine which you got and which type computer you will use it on. The 32-bit version can be installed on both types of hardware but the 64-bit version will only work on 64-bit capable machines. The Digital Entitlement/License stored on Microsoft's site will determine whether Home/Core or Pro can be activated.

I have done the same but get both 32-bit and 64-bit as I never know which I will need for my clients. Same for the updates.

Reaction score
If I make an ISO I always create an ALL-IN-ONE disc containing all versions and all architectures. It takes only 7GB of space. From the start of each upgrade I made a DVD (Dual layer) as backup whereas I usually create a USB Flashdrive for installation (on which I can save the Cumulative updates as well for Offline installation). Has never failed me so far.

Ask a Question