Windows 10 keep installing same update over and over

Reaction score
Hello as title says , i am having this issue for a few weeks now , every time i check for updates it just install the same update over and over ,even tho it says successully installed. Heres the update history https://gyazo.com/5f2b3dbd1f048d7cd5f803171f339f5c

This issue started a few weeks ago.Every time i check for updates its the same thing over and over . Any solutions ? Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features
Select the Update for Microsoft C++ 2012, click the change button and choose repair.
Seems that has worked for a lot of people.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Read my reply more carefully.
Not the update the actual installed (in Control Panel -> Programs and Features) program. Once you select it then you will see a "Change" button and once you click the "Change" button, you should see a "Repair" option.
The program not the update

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
It dint work , i did the repair but when i check for updates , same thing , installing the same update over and over

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Did you do the repair on both the x86 and the x64 versions of the C++ 2012 Redistributable.
And after the repair did you reboot the computer.
It may do the update one more time after that, but then it should stop.
IF not then I'm not sure what would be the next step.

Reaction score
I would uninstall the existing "2010" first, and then see how it goes.

fwiw. A few programs need C++ in order to work 100%.
I had a string dating back to 2005. I scrutinised my installed programs, and the oldest I had was on dated 2012.
I deleted (uninstalled) all previous editions before that date, with no apparent ill effects.

Reaction score
As I said previously said.
Probably not the "wisest" way to solve the problem. But, if you have an image available, nothing is lost.
I have worked through all of my programs since I did this, and everything is working 100%.

But, I can see you are a big game player. I would suggest, in your case, that it might lead into other problems with some of those.
Since reading this thread, I have read that some antivirus programs see this distribution, particularly when it is associated with games, as a Trojan, and deletes it. This could be one reason for your problem, but it is a little far out.
I would certainly experiment with those x86s first.

Ask a Question