Windows 10 Keeps Freezing and Restarting On Login

Reaction score
I just installed Windows 10 and I found that after entering my password the somputer would freeze, I'd click a few more times and it would restart. Please help! :(

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hold the shift key, prior to one of the reboots and see if you get any options for a restart that would include troubleshooting.
Sounds like something major happened during the install. I assume we're talking about an upgrade from a previous version of Windows?

Reaction score
Hi, I have the same issue. I have successfully upgraded from 8.1 on my lap top but on my desk top this was on windows 7.

It gests to the page stating lets get started and asks for my password which I put in and click next; it then just sits there doing nothing.

I have restarting it about 5/6 times and it does exactly the same thing

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi; I have managed to solve my issues - I had a wifi adaptor via a USB adaptor, took it out and run it again; it works fine now although I cant get on the internet as it appears the Netgear WNDA3100v3 isn't compatible.

Been on call with them for 40 minutes with then advising it has been through testing for him to say it doesn't look as if its compatible....go figure

At least my W10 issues resolved

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks Lee.
Nice of you to followup with that solution. It may very well help others with similar issues.

Reaction score
Created an account to tell you that unplugging my wireless USB adapter worked! Sharing this to other threads!

EDIT: But I still can't get my internet to work. That and Windows freezes a lot and I have to restart it. I'm just trying to add/remove programs.. I wish I had made a disk of it so I could just reinstall it from scratch. But that all depends on if I can get my wifi to work

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to join and welcome to the forum.
Glad you found Lee's post and that it helped with your particular problem.
Hope to continue to see you around.
Regards
Randy

Reaction score
Appreciate it! But it's FUBAR, so I'm just going to go back to Windows 7 which so far I've come to realize is the only good thing Windows 10 has implemented.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Appreciate it! But it's FUBAR, so I'm just going to go back to Windows 7 which so far I've come to realize is the only good thing Windows 10 has implemented.
First actual giggle I've had today.
Thanks
AND
Good luck.

Ask a Question