Windows 10 login takes hours

Reaction score
Hello,

I just downloaded an update for Windows 10 last night. Everything was working fine before the update but now when I try to log in it gets stuck in the Welcome screen for hours (I've been waiting around for over 2 hours now). I tried restarting it but it always takes a really long time. It used to log me in in seconds. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Thank you.

Reaction score
After waiting for almost 3 hours I got this message:

"The gpsvc service failed the sign-in. The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported."

Reaction score
Did you get into Windows after that message? If you did, follow the procedures in this video to create another admin account, test it and then delete your existing, troublesome account taking care to copy all your important files first.

Alternatively, you can follow the instructions in this link, but it's far more technical.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2976660

Reaction score
I was finally able to log in but when my account loaded it was exceptionally laggy. Simple things like right clicking on the desktop would take around 10 minutes to come up. I tried opening cmd to try a few things and that alone took me nearly an hour. Then when it finally opened (approximately 5 minutes after it loaded but before I was able to do anything) I got a blue screen of death and my computer shut off. When I turned it back on Windows was unable to start up. So I used my laptop to burn a repair disk and now I have windows starting up again but have run into the exact same login issue as before.

Ask a Question