Windows 10 Logon Screen locked up

Reaction score
Installation went fine. Then Microsoft pushed that stupid update again:

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 x64 Edition - August 2015 (KB890830)

Under Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 was pushed to my machine in February April and June, after which was getting the "Error no bootable disk message". Each time I had to go into the Advanced Troubleshooting CMD mode and change the default to SAFE MODE so I could delete that update and regain use of my machine.

Now under Windows 10, the same update locked my sign on screen saying invalid password. And also the wired Mouse and Keyboard were not active. Neither were the USB ports. A had created a boot up disk on a 32 G USB drive but it would not light.

I do not know if this is the cause but I apparently have Windows Server 2005 on my machine, which came with some software I no longer use. If I delete that will it help? Any ideas?

Ask a Question