Windows 10 mail app sucks, nothing found online helps.

Reaction score
Been trying for weeks now and nothing I try solves problems with Win 10 Mail App.

Downloading a single text only email takes at least ten minutes ever time. No matter what setting I choose the mail app does not check for mail ever. No sound plays when mail arrives after I manually sync and wait the ten minutes.

When I bought this laptop mew last month the mail program worked fine. As time has gone by it worse and worse.

I just installed Windows Live mail and worked perfect. Today I get an email from Outlook Express saying the end of this month Windows Live will no longer be available.

Microsoft provides no simple data to access other than going through this process. I have spent at least an hour over the last week trying to find answers. All I find are complaints about Win 10 mail.

Reaction score
I use T'bird. For ISP mail and Gmail. Free. Just works. Only Caveats. The developers say that they are going to support for several years but not do much development in future. It is not brilliant about being able to import mail from other clients.

Another non-free possibility would be Outlook 2016. That is the REAL Outlook. works with POP and Imap but it really is designed for a corporate environment that uses MS Exchange.

Ask a Question