Windows 10 Mail Application and Junk E-Mails

Reaction score
I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on 1 August. I installed the Windows 10 mail application on that date and set up my Microsoft Outlook account. Today when I checked my e-mails using Outlook.com rather than the Windows 10 mail application. I discovered there were over 43 e-mails in the Junk e-mail folder going back to the beginning of August. For some reason these junk e-mails are not being recognized in the Windows 10 mail application. If this is going to continue then there is no reason to have the Windows 10 mail application. I will just go back to reading my Outlook e-mails in Office 2010 Outlook or reviewing them using Outlook.com.

Is anyone else having this problem and is there a solution.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If this is going to continue then there is no reason to have the Windows 10 mail application.

Absolutely correct. There is no reason to use that "bush-league" so-called Mail app.

I will just go back to reading my Outlook e-mails in Office 2010 Outlook or reviewing them using Outlook.com.

YES and yes. Please do that.
I use Windows Live Mail and set up a POP mail account and a Hotmail account ( aka outlook.com).
That is all I need.

Reaction score
As David says - Live Mail fills all the requirements for a normal user. You will read that it is "no longer supported", but don't let that scare you. It is fully functional with all its bits and pieces, and does not need, in any respect, "support".

Reaction score
Okay just about got all my email synced up. However, now all the e-mail I have ever sent that was slow to deliver or not deliverable shows up in my in box about every time I do a system restart. I am sure you know the ones. Daemon- Mailer and the like. Gets kind of tiresome deleting them from both the mail section and the browser. Any verified fixes for this.

Ask a Question