Windows 10 not recognizing SDHC and other flash cards

Reaction score
My system:

Windows 10 Pro with latest update
Dell Inspiron 530 desktop.
500 Gig SSD
32 bit Operating System

I cannot access my flash drives to download image files. All my drivers are up to date except for an unknown device via Device Manager. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
except for an unknown device via Device Manager
Right click the problem device in Device Manager and choose properties
Select the details tab and then change the drop down to hardware ids
Select the top row of the value box and right click and copy and paste that into your next post.
Should look something likes this PCI\VEN_1186&DEV_4302&SUBSYS_43021186&REV_10
Though not at all the same.

Reaction score
Here's what I got:
Officejet_Pro_8100&HPSLP
BTW my printer is working fine so far

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The latest software driver package might help with that problem device http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...00-ePrinter-series---N8/4322917/model/4323213
But probably not with your SD card issues.
Use device manager and expand "Portable Devices", right click and uninstall everything you find under that category and then reboot your computer and test one of your flash drives and see if it shows up.

Additionally use the "View" item in the Device Manager menu bar to "Show hidden devices" and see if you notice anything else displayed in that view that might suggest an issue.

Reaction score
Downloaded the driver package, installed it but it did not do anything. Regarding the SD card issues, after following the steps and testing 2 cards (SDHC and a SD) it did not recognize either of them. I also used the "View" tab to look at hidden devices and could not find any item that looked out of place.

Ask a Question