SOLVED Windows 10 Notification Area too narrow for T-Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I just upgraded to Windows 10.

I'm using a neat utility called T-clock that shows the day of the week, the date, the hour, minute and seconds in the Notification area.

I've used this for years on my Win-7 pc's and just upgraded to Win-10 today.

T-clock loads, but the last few characters on its right are cut off.

If I make the font smaller, more and more characters appear, but this gets to the
point of not being large enough for my liking.

Does anyone know of a way to w-i-d-e-n the Notification area of Windows 10?

I'm not referring to making the icons smaller, hiding ones I don't use, or turning
it into 2 lines.

I'm looking to make the Notification area actually wider.

Thanks! :))

Reaction score
Have you tried dragging it to the left and putting it so you can see it properly?

HB

Reaction score
Why can't you left click and drag? I can do it with my icons in the notification area.

HB

Reaction score
You have no idea how thrilled I am for you that you can do so.

But I cannot.

If you have some useful advice, please provide.

If not, then please stop wasting both our times.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Don't worry, I won't bother again. Good luck in your quest. I have some useful advice for you, but I can't relay it on this forum. ;-)

Reaction score
JohnDohe: Your Taskbar is locked. Unlock the taskbar. and you can increase the height, width, or move it to either the Left, right or top of screen. I don't know if this will help to improve what you see the T Clock app. To unlock right click on an empty space on the taskbar and uncheck "Lock the Taskbar" Unlocked you can increase the height/width by hovering your mouse pointer on the edge until you see a directional indicator > left click on the edge of the bar and move the mouse pointer upwards. This is how it works in Win 10 Pro Version, Home version? I have no idea!

Reaction score
I used T-Clock for many years, it's not fully compatible with Win10.
Try this:
Right-click taskbar, select Settings; turn off "Use small taskbar buttons".
Time is now displayed over the date.

It was written for Windows95 & updated in 2010.
Project was closed in 2012.
Supported OSes: Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 32 & 64 bit

Last edited:
Reaction score
@ Trouble: thank you, but you're referring to Tclock light.

@ Norton: taskbar is not locked and moving the taskbar around doesn't solve the problem.

@ Comp Cmndo: I am already using small taskbar buttons.

@ all: problem solved with installation of latest T-Clock version:
https://github.com/White-Tiger/T-Clock/releases
"T-Clock Redux x64 - 2.4.2 build 459"

Thanks to all with useful and helpful comments.

@ Heathsideboy: I, too, can tell you where to go as well.

Reaction score
@ Comp Cmndo: thanks, my misread on small taskbar buttons OFF.
Hope you enjoy T-Clock :)

Reaction score
@ JohnDohe

Solving problems on this forum is sometimes a matter of trial and error. You tried everything that the other contributors suggested yet that didn't work either so are they also giving you unhelpful advice as I did?

In the end you solved it yourself and I'm pleased for you that you did. At first though, you did not know the answer to this problem and ask strangers for advice who gave that advice in the thought of trying to help you. Your answer I think was a bit harsh towards myself and I thought I did not deserve it especially as I was trying to help you but there you go, you live and learn.

HB

Last edited:
Reaction score
@ Heathside: In response to your "advice" I wrote that I was unable to perform your recommended action. You wrote back stating, "Why can't you left click and drag? I can do it with my icons in the notification area."

How does that help me?

Your response was a useless waste of effort because if I knew why I was unable to perform your action, then why would I write back saying I could not.

Perhaps its best if those, like yourself, who are not knowledgeable, not waste the time of others seeking those who are such in these forums.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
@JohnDohe - That's not particularly helpful to encourage others to help you in future. @Heathsideboy was clearly trying to help, so no need to be rude.

I'm locking this thread, as it has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question