Windows 10 or Vista

Reaction score
I'm becoming more and more disappointed with Microsoft's bully tactics and harassment of users..
MS can get away with it because Windows 10 has been free for 18 months+, now you have to pay for a licensed upgrade.for something that's broken.

After what I've experienced with Windows 10 and read of the user problems that bombard this forum and others of the problems that updates are causing users; who in their right mind would shell out $150 for a system that's becoming more and more like another Win 8 or a Vista OS
with each update..

Microsoft, just like the automobile manufacturers, keep on installing high tech unwanted features,like touch screens and (Cortana) voice assistants. I suppose those features are great for Mobile Phones and tablets, but not for a desktop. Imagine being on a flight with 100 passengers hollering at Cortana.

Cloud is another carrot that MS waved in front of users. Why? so they can have users to pay rent for space in the cloud. Windows 10 also removed our beloved Win 7 apps, and their attitude is,if users want them back they can go to the store purchase or rent the apps for an annual fee.

Microsoft seems to have perfected a knack of repeating history. That is screwing OS versions from build to build,. It makes me wonder now what happened to Windows 9?.

I have MS Office 2010 installed, Last week, I was forced to download MB of patches, 45 in total. 32 bit for Office 2010 because I performed a disk install, so they decided that I should have 10 years worth of patches. Whatever happened to the Win 7 option of choosing what dowloads you wanted?

Heaven forbid should I get a virus, the response from MS would be something like, "Well you were not running Windows Defender (subpar antivirus program) but for a fee of $100 we will fix it for you. "Now you know the rest of the story"

Reaction score
Windows 10 is much better than Windows 8 from my own opinion. You can give it on a virtual machine first.

Reaction score
I still use Vista as I do Flight Simulator X.

Vista remains the Last of the truly Virgin OS that has not been Violated with all of the privacy intrusive info leaching software that is now in Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10.
I'm not paranoid I just believe in controlling my own OS / Computer as I Own it.
I'm not bashing Microsoft as I used them for years.
I do disagree with their direction and I no longer use Microsoft Windows except for Flight Simulator X.

Microsoft Windows in their day was no doubt the best OS around to bad that is no longer the case. :(

The PoorGuy

Reaction score
I still use Vista as I do Flight Simulator X.

Vista remains the Last of the truly Virgin OS that has not been Violated with all of the privacy intrusive info leaching software that is now in Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10.
I'm not paranoid I just believe in controlling my own OS / Computer as I Own it.
I'm not bashing Microsoft as I used them for years.
I do disagree with their direction and I no longer use Microsoft Windows except for Flight Simulator X.

Microsoft Windows in their day was no doubt the best OS around to bad that is no longer the case. :(

The PoorGuy
There are ways around the privacy issue. But there still is the NSA.:)

Reaction score
There are ways around the privacy issue. But there still is the NSA.:)
Hey Gideon,

There are ways however as you said there is the NSA.
I'm not really worried about being snooped on as anyone who does snoop on me will know and understand the true meaning of boring.

It is really hard to hide from anyone or anything these days and besides I'm not doing anything to need a reason to hide.:cool:

The PoorGuy

Reaction score
Hey Gideon,

There are ways however as you said there is the NSA.
I'm not really worried about being snooped on as anyone who does snoop on me will know and understand the true meaning of boring.

It is really hard to hide from anyone or anything these days and besides I'm not doing anything to need a reason to hide.:cool:

The PoorGuy
Me too I have nothing to hide.

Reaction score
true, Vista was and IS the worst OS ever.

BTW: Flight Sim X runs under Windows 7 perfectly. Have not tried under Windows 10 yet...

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Vista, in fact preferred it to Windows 7 after SP2 was installed. Most of changes from Vista to 7 were cosmetic.

10 is still a good OS, though, rather than stick to an outdated version of Office, get LibreOffice...

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Vista, in fact preferred it to Windows 7 after SP2 was installed. Most of changes from Vista to 7 were cosmetic.

10 is still a good OS, though, rather than stick to an outdated version of Office, get LibreOffice...
LibreOffice 5 comes installed with Linux so yes I agree with get LibreOffice.

Most complainers of Vista I have found to be only "armchair" users and have only read about problems others who actually are using Vista have experienced.

Optional Update:
Windows 7 service pack 3 for Vista.

Ask a Question