Windows 10 Password Issue

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I downloaded and installed the new Windows 10. The installation seemed to be perfectly accomplished. However, when I tried to open my desktop I discovered that the system had set up a new password to enter !!!!

Result: i do not have access to my computer !

*I did not have any password before, so I guess Windows 10 could have fixed a default password...

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Ideas to solve it?

Tks in advance,

Guillon

Reaction score
You can bypass the PW as I have and my PC boots right to the desktop simply go to Start, (right click on start) then go to command prompt admin. left click here, at command prompt type in netplwiz then hit enter take the check mark out of users must use PW, then apply then enter PW in twice as it ask, your PW is the one you used for Outlook, or Hotmail, (your Microsoft act.) anyway then click okay and your done. PW not needed anymore.

Reaction score
You can bypass the PW as I have and my PC boots right to the desktop simply go to Start, (right click on start) then go to command prompt admin. left click here, at command prompt type in netplwiz then hit enter take the check mark out of users must use PW, then apply then enter PW in twice as it ask, your PW is the one you used for Outlook, or Hotmail, (your Microsoft act.) anyway then click okay and your done. PW not needed anymore.

Please read the OP's post.
He can NOT login.

quote :
Result: i do not have access to my computer !

Reaction score
Yes, that's why I said your PW is your Microsoft act. PW we all set up years ago for E-mail in my case my PW was used in Hotmail, it was joeschmo @ hotmail.com,(example) plus my password which of course I know. If you change yours, then you would enter the new one, twice if ask, I would think?

Reaction score
Let's make the answers relevant to solving the OP's problem and nothing else.
The OP cannot run netplwiz if he cannot login.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i have same issue...and i can't login to my laptop with that windows 10.
i can run the cmd.exe and i can't create the usb boot disk......please help...

Reaction score
Hi all, and tks for your answers.

"davindhk129", it doesn't work by leaving empty the password box ( first thing I tried). "Aputernut", I tried also my PW in Microsoft act and hotmail's one as well... but nothing....

Reaction score
Exactly what I am saying, whenever we sign into a new OS it's the Microsoft act. or e-mail addy and PW we use what was yours? mine has been the same for many yrs.

Reaction score
Aputernut's response sounds reasonable, to me. If I recall the same thing happened to me when I went from WinXP to Win 7. But in my case I was using a new Windows 7 disc, not an upgrade. So using a new install I was able to create a new ID and new PW - which I've kept safely, with all other passwords.

Ask a Question