Windows 10 PC would not come out of diagnosing in auto repair mode

Reaction score
Hi all

My desktop has gone into the automatic repair mode and has spent overnight while 'diagnosing your PC' message on. I have tried to switch the power off and on again several times to enter into the BIOS mode but each time it would enter into the Auto Repair mode. I have tried ESC, F1, F2, F8 and F10 in turns but in vain.

I am looking to install new Windows 10 from a USB device but for this, BIOS needs to be reconfigured to boot from USB. This needs USB 3.0 and I am using a USB port that has the SS + USB mark on it. I think this is USB 3.0.

How can I get the PC to enter the BIOS so that I can change the boot order? On al the forum posts, this problem has not occurred before, that no key can get the user to the BIOS SET UP. Are any other work-arounds?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Mahmood.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I suppose the first thing we would need to know is.....
What kind of computer it is.
The computer and or motherboard's, Manufacturer Name, Model Name, Model Number
Also you don't mention having tried the Delete key or F9 or F12 keys which some computers use to evoke either the BIOS or a one time boot menu.

You mention that it is a desktop, so.....
Try shutting it down, unplugging it from AC power, press and hold the power button for a count of 30.
Reconnect it to AC power and start it up, start tapping the keys before you press the power button and establish a rapid tapping sequence before you turn it on.

Reaction score
I suppose the first thing we would need to know is.....
What kind of computer it is.
The computer and or motherboard's, Manufacturer Name, Model Name, Model Number
Also you don't mention having tried the Delete key or F9 or F12 keys which some computers use to evoke either the BIOS or a one time boot menu.

You mention that it is a desktop, so.....
Try shutting it down, unplugging it from AC power, press and hold the power button for a count of 30.
Reconnect it to AC power and start it up, start tapping the keys before you press the power button and establish a rapid tapping sequence before you turn it on.

Hi Trouble,

Thank you for your message.
This is an HP PAVILION desktop PC with the following serial numbers on it.
CZC34636WL
HP PAVILION 500-119EA

I have tried the keys that you mentioned after plugging out the AC power after 30 minutes but the system seems to skip going into BIOS and it directly goes to Auto Repair mode and the goes to endless diagnosing process.

Regards
Mahmood

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No sure how old that particular computer might be, but.....
Most HPs will respond to the Esc (Escape) key, usually near the top left of your keyboard.
Turn off the computer completely and then hold the Esc key down before pressing the power button and continue to hold it until the boot menu shows up, from there you should be able to choose a number of options including setup / BIOS

Last edited:

Ask a Question