Windows 10 photo app very slow

Reaction score
Newbie here, I find my windows 10 photo app very slow, Can anyone recommend a good one that is faster viewing & that will print the photo's out in different formats, Thanks

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Robert,

When was the last time you went to Store and made sure you are receiving automatic updates for your apps?

I ask, because recently I needed to repair my Photo App as it would not even open.

After resolving the issue there I discovered it would not download from the Store, but then resolved that issue to - I've published an Article about that here recently. However, what I noticed was there was a new update for the Photos app and in my personal opinion it greatly improve it and I've not noticed any particular tardiness in its running.

It'd be worth visiting Store and checking you have no pending updates for the Photos app before changing to some other medium for working with your images.

Reaction score
The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue on a Lenovo X240. With Windows 8.1, double-clicking on a jpg photo opened up the photo viewer almost instantaneously. After upgrading to Windows 10, the hideous photo app is taking about 5+ seconds to open. I also don't see any UI to advance to the next image. I really dislike this.

Ask a Question