Windows 10 Photos

Reaction score
Using Windows 10 is there any way to control what pictures are used in Photos ? I want to use Photos for my personal pictures only. I want to add pictures to Photos and I want this to be the only input source to Photos. Maybe my question should be is "how can I control the picture input to Photos" ?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Henry,

Yes there is:
  • Open the Photos app
  • Let it do its refresh spin
  • Now in top right corner click the Ellipsis . . . then select Settings
  • In the window that loads the first thing you will see are the sources it gets photos from. Any source you do not want simply click the X to the right of the source.
  • A little more down the same window you can also turn off the Cloud option

Reaction score
Hi Henry,

Yes there is:
  • Open the Photos app
  • Let it do its refresh spin
  • Now in top right corner click the Ellipsis . . . then select Settings
  • In the window that loads the first thing you will see are the sources it gets photos from. Any source you do not want simply click the X to the right of the source.
  • A little more down the same window you can also turn off the Cloud option
I want to control the one source that I pick to have pictures loaded into Photos. I do not want to deal with the after affects ( deleting of ) of all the files / pictures that Photos loads from who knows where.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I want to control the one source that I pick to have pictures loaded into Photos. I do not want to deal with the after affects ( deleting of ) of all the files / pictures that Photos loads from who knows where.

Yes and that is where you control it.

Deleting the origin as a source for pictures to be displayed in your app, does not delete the folders or the iamges in them, it simply tells Photos app not to source images from those locations.

Reaction score
I understand that. Every time I make a new picture folder ( and I make hundreds on a regular basis ) the pictures land in Photos. I do not want to go into Photos to delete this pictures ( folders ) that get loaded automatically. I want to direct Photos were to load from or I want to load pictures manually. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Reaction score
Using Windows 10 is there any way to control what pictures are used in Photos ? I want to use Photos for my personal pictures only. I want to add pictures to Photos and I want this to be the only input source to Photos. Maybe my question should be is "how can I control the picture input to Photos" ?

You can use from a number of photo programs and set them as default I use Photoshop Express which I downloaded from the store and set as default. Most allow to set a default folder and then allow the SAVE AS option to save to a folder other than the default.

Ask a Question