Windows 10 Prebuild installation issues

Reaction score
Running a HP laptop (new in Dec 2014) also handling a dual boot with the latest Ubuntu 14.04. After downloading and running the process for the newest Windows 10 Prebuild (10074, I believe) it gets about 6% into the setup, then jumps to restoring the previous Windows version. It runs a scan of the hard drive, then I'm back to 8.1. So here's the big question. Is it due to running Ubuntu along side or is it just the fault of the prebuild? Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
10130 would be the latest build which you can get from here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso
I suppose there might be some issue with the install overwriting the grub boot loader although I haven't heard anything about that up to now.
It's possible that you have an issue with the installation media, I know I personally had some such issues myself, which required a second download of the ISO and then re-creating the install media.

Ask a Question