Windows 10 Pro suddenly not activated

SOLVED Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jaisonwhitekar, Nov 10, 2018 at 12:33 PM.

1. jaisonwhitekar

jaisonwhitekar

All of a sudden after years of having this key which was from windows 8 pro then migrated to windows 10 for free, I got a notification saying my key is Windows 10 home version and that I need to install it.. wtf is going on ?

Edit: The issue might be resolved for many by using the Troubleshoot option under Update & Security > Settings > Activation.

Having many requests to change the flair to unhide this post because there are many people still having problems, up to mods if they want to hide this again.

jaisonwhitekar, Nov 10, 2018 at 12:33 PM
    1. Advertisements

2. jaisonwhitekar

Clintlgm

Actually, the fix was for MS Activation Servers to be sorted out which happen fairly fast. for the people that actually paid for a new version call MS for a refund and you get to keep the new Pro product key

Clintlgm, Nov 10, 2018 at 2:45 PM
    1. Advertisements

3. jaisonwhitekar

Norton

You could call MS for a refund as mentioned or cancel your credit card payment.
    Troubleshoot may, may not resolve the MS glitch. I wouldn't change anything or submit payment for a new activation key. MS are working to resolve the activation problem, it should be resolved with the next CU

Norton, Nov 10, 2018 at 3:53 PM
  4. jaisonwhitekar

Saltgrass

The server problem was repaired on the 9th. All systems should go back to normal after a period of time.

As mentioned, running the Activation troubleshooter may or may not help but hopefully, a little time like a day or two will resolve the issue.

Saltgrass, Nov 10, 2018 at 3:58 PM
  5. jaisonwhitekar

jaisonwhitekar

Actually, the fix was for MS Activation Servers to be sorted Lucky Patcher out which happen fairly fast. for the people that actually paid for a new version call MS for a refund and you get to keep the new Pro product key
    thankyou!!

jaisonwhitekar, Nov 10, 2018 at 5:50 PM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question