SOLVED Windows 10 problems after installing

rjb

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 yesterday and had problems from the start. None of my Office 365 applications worked, they would start up then turn off after a few seconds, and after this had happened then Windows 10 itself would stop responding and I had no option but to restart the computer.

I was going to try uninstalling Office but Windows 10 kept on failing to respond when I tried that I had to give up.
I've now gone back to Windows 7 which is working perfectly but would ultimatly like to go back th Windows 10.

Would it be best if I did a clean install of Windows 10 and loaded my programmes on after the install?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Would it be best if I did a clean install of Windows 10 and loaded my programmes on after the install?
In my opinion a clean install is almost always the best way to graduate to a new Operating System.

NOTE: In order to do a custom clean install, you must first.....
Perform the upgrade from your previous qualifying version of Windows and then make sure to confirm that it is "Activated".
At that point you can then do you clean install on that machine. When prompted (twice at least) for a product key you can safe ignore, skip, do this later.
The clean install should activate without inputting a product key at all.

As an aside....
You want to make sure after the upgrade that you run Windows Updates.
Microsoft did a Rollup update a couple days back which seems to have fixed some of the earlier craziness and general annoyances. So the upgrade may work better.... now?
Although I still prefer a clean install.

Reaction score
I did a clean install which fixed 99% of all problems. Did it from within windows and was never asked for key but both systems are activated. I agree with Trouble at it is better to back up everything, update to 10 then do a clean install.

Ask a Question