Windows 10 Quick Assist

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just been reading up on this
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20534/windows-10-quick-assist-faq

Looks promising.
Only available on Windows 10 Anniversary Update Edition but evidently on both Home and Pro unlike Remote Desktop.
Be nice if they offered it back to 7 and 8 as it looks like a blend of a typical Remote Desktop connection mixed with the old Get Remote Assistance (or whatever they called it) without the need of sending invites back and forth.
AND
IF they supported file transfers, it would really be handy and cause a lot of distress among third party software solution vendors I suspect.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes I did.
Just now with you.
AND
We.... discovered that the clipboard works and we could copy and paste URLs between your browser and mine and that I could copy a file (CPUz.exe) from your downloads folder and paste it to my desktop and so file transfers apparently work just fine.
Thank you for taking the time.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The only remaining problem that I can see when comparing it with other such utilities is
That it requires the latest version of Windows 10 and a "Microsoft Account" (log-in) to initiate the connection which might be a deal breaker for some.
But all things considered, it's a pretty nice freebie

Ask a Question