Windows 10 Random Shutdown/Restart (No Warning)

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Oliver.

Here's some background; for the first few days Windows 10 was fine, no problems what so ever but then it I was just listening to music browsing the web, no games or any cpu/ram intensive stuff running and all of a sudden my music stops and then I get taken straight to my bios screen as my PC just restarts out of nowhere. As it is starting up however it shows the black screen with the Windows logo in the middle and the loading circles spinning round, then it shows a black screen and I hear the sound of Windows starting up, wait a few seconds and it says "Configuring updates" or "Configuring Windows" (can't quite remember) Anyway, as it comes back on it I get a little notification saying Windows updates were installed. Then 5 or so mintues later it does it again. Either it's coincidence or it has something to do with it but for a few hours when I was playing GTA V nothing happened for the rest of that time of my PC being loaded.

Again, I was watching an MP4 (I use VLC Player if that has anything to do with it) and it blue screens out of nowhere (I can't remember the exact reason but I've uploaded the crash dumps here https://goo.gl/7pflLj ) dunno if the blue screen has anything to do with the random crashing

TL;DR: Windows 10 keeps randomly turning itself off without warning, sometimes going straight to the bios screen and loading back up sometimes just completely off and requires me to turn it back on.

Long crash dumps link: https://mega.co.nz/#!Ag5kFI7I!HPdJYmkNcxUfxCEpmaQNY2HZI9KfJB3bFK1UzRpSENU

Any and all help is appreciated

Kind Regards,
Oliver

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Bump, still having this problem.
Might be nice if the dump files weren't password protected. Bad enough we have to wait for MEGA to get the download but then to not be able to extract the .rar file is a little frustrating to say the least.

Reaction score
Might be nice if the dump files weren't password protected. Bad enough we have to wait for MEGA to get the download but then to not be able to extract the .rar file is a little frustrating to say the least.
Ah! My apologies. I didn't realise the password protection was saved from last time I used winrar.
I'll upload to dropbox after but I can't actually zip the files again, every time I try it black screens me and requires me to turn it on again. I'm currently making a boot drive to try the repair option.

Reaction score
Have you tried stopping automatic restarts in windows update
What I meant to say was that if windows shuts down displaying this "Configuring updates" or "Configuring Windows" the it could be a windows update setting but looks like you might have other issues

Ask a Question