Windows 10 Resetting itself after Reboot or Sign in

Reaction score
This has happened to me twice. Every time I reboot my system or log back in after sign out, it says "Preparing Windows" after that, all my f******* files get deleted. I was playing a game and I was almost near the end and I lost all my saved data, it's a real piss off. Can anyone help me out with this stupid f******* issue? P.S I am up do date on my machine for updates. My wallpapers and everything get reset. Software seems to be stationary though, it's just files and stuff like that.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This has happened to me twice.
Every time I reboot my system or log back in after sign out, it says "Preparing Windows"
Could you be a bit more succinct.
"Twice" sounds like perhaps what might happen after a Windows update that was pending a reboot, although I don't think a "sign out" would have done it.
"Everytime" sounds like there may be a more serious problem. Logging off will have the same effect as rebooting, in that it will close all open programs and any pending saves will be lost if either is forced.
What "files" are being deleted?

Reaction score
Could you be a bit more succinct.
"Twice" sounds like perhaps what might happen after a Windows update that was pending a reboot, although I don't think a "sign out" would have done it.
"Everytime" sounds like there may be a more serious problem. Logging off will have the same effect as rebooting, in that it will close all open programs and any pending saves will be lost if either is forced.
What "files" are being deleted?

Well, I was playing Fallout 4, and all my progress and saves are gone, my default apps reset, customization in the start menu are gone and reset, wallpapers are gone, but software seems to be fine. It's just a real piss off

Ask a Question