Windows 10 RSAT Installation Help

Reaction score
I've already done a ton of googling to figure out why my RSAT won't install. Most people have an issue with their language not being English (United States) but that is not my problem because my default is already that. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro so I wonder if that might be the problem but I have no idea. I've tried installing RSAT and restarting several times with no luck. Anyone else having this issue and have a fix for it?

Reaction score
We have folder redirection for the Documents and Desktop to a local server. Could that be the problem?

Reaction score
Have been trying to install RSAT since preview on Enterprise domain joined PC, including with US English set as default....cannot ever get it to work, says it's installing but no RSAT option in Windows Features.....seems like Win10 useless for sys admins.

Reaction score
Have been trying to install RSAT since preview on Enterprise domain joined PC, including with US English set as default....cannot ever get it to work, says it's installing but no RSAT option in Windows Features.....seems like Win10 useless for sys admins.

I have seen lots of people have success with the recently released RSAT from Microsoft for Windows 10 so I'm just confused on why mine won't work.

Also I just removed my folder redirection policy for myself and made sure it was all back to normal. Then I install RSAT again and restarted but still nothing.

Reaction score
I just tried reverting back to Windows 8.1 and removing the original RSAT from there and then reinstalling Windows 10 and installing RSAT for Windows 10 but still it doesn't work...

Reaction score
Yours is the only other case similar to ours that I have heard of. Take a look at all the steps we have tried so far in this forum post, maybe something will work for you. Glad to see we can rule out rolling back to Windows 8.1 and uninstalling RSAT, although that was only the scenario with one of our three test machines. As of right now, we have no solution.

http://community.spiceworks.com/top...ws-10-pro-x64-english-us?page=2#entry-4964830

Reaction score
I had to do a complete reinstall. Huge pain but I got it to work. I assume it's some registry keys that had been changed but I'm always doing stuff to this computer that it could of been anything.

Ask a Question