Windows 10 sata card drives problem

Reaction score
I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc but only accepts to select the installation disk path when windows will be
installed only of the sata drives that are connected to the motherboard but not the drives on the sata card i have.
I'm using DVD of windows 10 and i have booted to it to select an empty hard disk. What should i do?

Reaction score
I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc but only accepts to select the installation disk path when windows will be
installed only of the sata drives that are connected to the motherboard but not the drives on the sata card i have.
I'm using DVD of windows 10 and i have booted to it to select an empty hard disk. What should i do?
The drive i want is not shown.

Reaction score
you cant install windows in a external drive that way

Windows Setup will not permit you to install to media other than an IDE or SATA connected hard drive, regardless of what drivers you have. Therefore, it is not possible to install and boot a full Windows 7 environment from an SD card. is far as i know

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The add-in card is probably not bootable, many lower end cards are not.
You need to check the specs and see for sure if it is.

Ask a Question