Windows 10 SFC corruption

Reaction score
Win 10 TP users :
Please do a system file check and post back your results.
Both my laptops returned with corrupt files but unable to repair.
I did the dism ......... /restorehealth command line. It reported success but immediately doing a sfc found corrupt files and unable to repair again.
See this thread for details.....
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/is-this-a-win-10-tp-glitch.188/

I suspect the corrupt files are within the Win 10 ISO.
I used the non-Enterprise ISO file.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Same as before David. Ran sfc and it found a load of errors. Ran DISM and got the same success message and running sfc again returned a load of errors. Saw a bunch that reference fonts and being unable to decompress files.

I previously posted a couple of error lines on the insiders page but of course they don't reply or give any indication they noticed (they being the Windows 10 MS Team)). System seems to be running without problems so I'm not sure of the importance of the errors sfc finds.

I'm running the OS installed from an ISO non-enterprise download.

Reaction score
Well, fwiw. My OSs are guaranteed legit, downloaded from MSDN sources. I have had the same experience with Windows 8.

Reaction score
I am not privy of your Win 8 experience, and therefore, I cannot determine whether your reply means...........
yes, your sfc result also shows corrupt files and unable to repair,
or,
no, your sfc shows no integrity violation.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm running this test now, but my SFC scan appears to be stuck at 72% (or at least for the past 20 mins!).

Reaction score
I am not privy of your Win 8 experience, and therefore, I cannot determine whether your reply means...........
yes, your sfc result also shows corrupt files and unable to repair,
or,
no, your sfc shows no integrity violation.
Sorry, I omitted the Windows 8 preview, and, yes, sfc result also shows corrupt files and unable to repair,

w10

Reaction score
Same as before David. Ran sfc and it found a load of errors. Ran DISM and got the same success message and running sfc again returned a load of errors. Saw a bunch that reference fonts and being unable to decompress files.
I previously posted a couple of error lines on the insiders page but of course they don't reply or give any indication they noticed (they being the Windows 10 MS Team)). System seems to be running without problems so I'm not sure of the importance of the errors sfc finds.
I'm running the OS installed from an ISO non-enterprise download.

Same results here. Same observations too! Nice summary by Dipsy. MS will have to address this issue down the road.

Reaction score
Same here. I suspected disk errors and did a format and chkdsk /r. Clean install from ISO burn to DVD. New build installed from PC settings and new updates for the build from windows update. SFC /scannow finds corruptions (font issues). Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth successfully completes. SFC finds corruptions again. Anything new on this?

Ask a Question