Windows 10 showing last logged in user (but not the Administrator)

Reaction score
I have what I think is a weird problem. I have a Dell Precision 5820 running Windows 21H1 (version 19043.1165) with all updates installed. I have two active user accounts (Administrator and Operator). I have the 'Interactive logon: Don't display last signed-in' set to 'Enabled' in the Local Security Policy because I don't want to see the name of the last user at boot up.

If I am signed in as Administrator, I can shut down the computer without logging off and the sign in screen after reboot shows 'Other User' on the screen. *perfect*

If I am signed in as Operator, I can shut down the computer without logging off and the sign in screen after reboot shows 'Operator' already in the username field on the screen. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it so this does not happen?

If I am signed in as Operator and log out I then see the 'Other User' sign in screen. From there I can shut down the computer by pressing the on screen power off button . Upon reboot I see 'Other user' on the sign in screen. *perfect*

I fail to see why the 'Other User' screen does not appear every time the computer restarts.

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question