Windows 10 shutdown

Reaction score
A minor problem but still annoying.

When I click on shutdown the monitor shuts down straight away, so I cannot see what is happening during shutdown.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Reaction score
On my PC at shutdown I see the twirly thing on a plain blue screen for a few seconds, then the monitor, or more likely, the video card shuts down but I can see the processor disk light flickering for a few seconds more.

Reaction score
That's right. But on 7 and before when I shut down the monitor stayed on. As I said not a big problem but I just wonder what will happen when updates are installing. Perhaps I am being petty!

Reaction score
So your monitor powers off? It isn't plugged in to a power socket on the PC by any chance... I left the UK before PCs but I know there is no room for a standard mains socket on a PC! But for all I know there might be some special plug and socket for that.

Does your monitor have an on screen menu? If it does is there a setting to keep power on when video signal is lost ?

Reaction score
Sorry looking at my earlier posts I can see that they may not make sense.

In the past with all Windows that I have had when I click shutdown the monitor stays on until the PC shuts down.
But now with W10 the monitor shuts down before the PC.

Reaction score
My English usage has diverged from the real thing towards the North American variety over the years!
Hence the misunderstanding. Sounds as if your shutdown sequence is the same as mine...video signal shuts off before the cpu/disk function has finished.

Reaction score
I was just playing around with all of the PC settings and disabled 'Fast Startup'
The monitor now shuts down at the same time as the PC.....weird!

Ask a Question