Windows 10 sign Problem

Reaction score
I changed my ISP from BellSouth(ATT) to Mediacom. When I reboot or sign in BellSouth is displayed w/o any picture and the word error. Then in the lower left screen Mediacombb.net is displayed in a box. If I am fast enough, I move the cursor to the box, click it and Viola it jumps up, replacing Bellsouth ,My correct picture pops in place ,I then can enter the correct PW and I'm on-line! How can I get rid of the BellSouth CRAP? I tried to get my local Geek Squad to fix but they could NOT.
(e-mail address removed)

Last edited by a moderator:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I edited you email link for security purposes.
Are these two accounts both members of the local administrator's group?
Are either or both of these accounts linked to your Microsoft Live ID?
Are you running Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Home version?
If I am fast enough
Would that comment mean that the former primary account (BellSouth) either does not have a password or has otherwise been configured to logon automatically?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are these two accounts both members of the local administrator's group?
Are either or both of these accounts linked to your Microsoft Live ID?
And the answer to the other two questions?

The auto-login can be halted using the run command and typing
netplwiz
hit enter or click ok
select the bell south account and make sure that the box at the top is check "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"
You may have to toggle it off and on again by using the apply button.
And if you wish then you can switch the other account to auto-login using the same tool.

Home edition is a little bit more clumsy but you should be able to go here
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts\Manage Accounts
And select the account you would like to get rid of the one you do not want to use anymore.

I caution you against or at least about doing this without first making sure that you are absolutely certain that the remaining account is a member of the local administrator's group.
AND
That the profile folder, no longer contains anything that you consider important.....
C:\Users\OldAccountName\ (documents, picture, music, favorites, etc., etc.,)
AND
If one and not the other is currently linked in any fashion to your Microsoft Live ID, that may be worth some consideration.

Reaction score
Thank you for help. as to your question "are these two accounts both members of the local admin group? I do not know. Microsoft live ID means nothing to me. I am the owner and sole operator of this PC. I use my Microsoft account password to sign in to my PC. ( if that helps) thanks again. I will wait further action until hear more.

Ask a Question