Windows 10 software installing

Reaction score
I have, in the past, tried various flavours of Linux, but have little experience in that field. A few months ago, because comments throughout the web, I tried out Linux Mint. One thing that really impressed me, was the package which allowed you to install multi programs by simple selecting them through a list. It seems that this is going to be a feature of Windows 10, if this article has its fact6s right.

http://www.howtogeek.com/200334/windows-10-includes-a-linux-style-package-manager-named-oneget/

Reaction score
I also have tried Linux a couple of times but just didn't have the desire or ambition to learn all the new command structures and other aspects of the OS.

Not sure I totally understand what this new feature is supposed to do but if I read correctly if you want a particular program you just tell Oneget and it will find it, download it, and install it?

Reaction score
I am only remembering from a Mint install. The program is an extensive Dbase of software package of software. You can select any number of items. I know I selected something like ten, that were known to me.
It then goes out on the web, finds them, downloads and offers up the installs in turn. I am sure that is the one under discussion.

Reaction score
Wonder what will happen with the download that is suspect and contains some malware or carries some crapware that offers to install new toolbars or other stuff unless you say no. I think I'd rather retain control over what gets installed and where the download comes from.

Ask a Question