SOLVED Windows 10 Startup Issue

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you tried booting with nothing external connected?
Especially no USB wireless dongle supporting bluetooth, IR or RF devices.

Reaction score
Nope, but on the second restart it normally startups fine, I just need to understand why it could possibly be making these white lines

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If on the "second restart in normally starts up fine", then perhaps it is not actually shutting down but instead entering some sleep or hibernate or hybrid sleep, power saving state from which it is not able to recover and when I say "it", it could almost be anything..... most likely the GPU but potentially any hardware device / driver package that supports it.
So you might start by investigating if the machine is truly shutting down completely and follow that up by checking and confirming that you have all the latest drivers for all your hardware devices, including BIOS, Chipset, GPU, Audio card, etc., etc.,

Reaction score
I see, I do realise that sometimes when I turn on the power switch ( not for the computer, for the electricity to start flowing from the plug ) , my desktop sometimes startup on its own without me actually pressing the power button on the desktop.

Could this justify your theory?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I see, I do realise that sometimes when I turn on the power switch ( not for the computer, for the electricity to start flowing from the plug ) , my desktop sometimes startup on its own without me actually pressing the power button on the desktop.

Could this justify your theory?
Nope.... that is just a setting in the BIOS as to how you want your system to recover after a power failure. I would suggest setting that to "Stay Off" or "Remain Off" or however it is worded in the BIOS.

Go here
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options
In the left column select "Choose what the power buttons do"
Make sure they are configured properly and then uncheck "Turn on fast startup" you may have to use the link at the top to change things that appear grayed out.
Additionally inspect all your other advanced power option settings for your plan that may reference sleep or hibernate and the Power buttons.

powerbuton.JPG

Ask a Question