SOLVED Windows 10 switches between open programs

Reaction score
I usually have a few programs open at the same time. I could be browsing the net or typing in Word and it will suddenly switch to another open program. Sometimes an open program will freeze up and start flashing and it's program icon in the taskbar goes nuts. I have to click another open program in the taskbar and back to stop it from freaking out.

Also, when I hover over a minimized program icon in the taskbar, I see that pop up preview window. I put the mouse pointer over the preview, left click and try to hit Maximise but the window quickly closes before I can hit it. I have to try about 7 times on certain programs until it stays open so I can hit Maximise.

Reaction score
I can't edit the OP but I forgot to add.

If I have a program already open and open something like the calculator or task manager, it's hidden, even if I click on there icons in the toolbar. For instance, I have Chrome maximised at the moment with task manager open but I can't see the task manager. Task manager is supposed to override other programs and stay visible. If click on the task manager icon in the toolbar I still can't see it unless I minimise Chrome. The same thing is happening with the calculator app.

Ask a Question