Windows 10 System no longer wakes from Sleep

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 right after it came out and have had very few problems but in just the last few days it stopped waking from sleep. The power light used to flash and it would wake from a mouse or keyboard button press but no longer. The system power will come on from a press of the power button but the screen remains blank. If I remove power from the system and then repower it and turn it on it will start the BIOS and re-boot to the state that it was in when I put it into sleep mode. Clearly the hibernate process is working but something is haywire with the wake process. Ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Just a wild guess but perhaps look into your advanced power plan settings and see if there is any reference to something called "Hybrid sleep", if so...
Try disabling or setting it to off and see if that has any impact on the issue.
IF you can provide some specifics as to your system's specs.....
Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number, etc..
Perhaps someone with a similar system might have some information to share with respect to the problem.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I read several of the posts about hybrid sleep and that may indeed be the problem. I won't get a chance to look at it until later. The part that perplexes me is that it has been working fine for months and just now stopped working. I suspect it has something to do with a Win 10 update. One thing I am going to try is to update the graphics driver since I know it is central to the sleep/resume process.

My system is home-built and will undoubtedly not resemble anyone else's. My mainboard is 5 years old and that might somehow be contributing to the problem but it won't explain why it worked flawlessly for so long and now not at all.

Ask a Question