SOLVED Windows 10 taking 1 hour to boot up

Reaction score
Hello, When I boot up my Windows 10 machine, It starts up showing the OMEN logo (thats my laptop name) and then it starts loading for 10 - 20 seconds, After that it says "Scanning and repairing drive (//?VOLUME//0A92hDk2is9W) (its not exact but you get the idea), It has no option to cancel nor see what drive is being scanned, Once its done doing that (which takes around 5 minutes), It shows me winlogon.exe but at start it shows a blue background and my username along with the photo but no password entry or time, I wait for about 10 more seconds and the background photo shows up then once I press space in order to log-in, It takes more time to load up the password text entry and the profile pic along with my username, Once thats over it takes around 15 minutes on the "Welcome" loading screen and then once its done loading, The desktop icons, wallpaper and the taskbar isn't loaded which takes me another 15 minutes to boot up, Then I wait ANOTHER 15 minutes to open google chrome. Does anyone know what to do when my laptop boots up like this? I wake up early in the morning at around 4 and then I boot it up because of how slow it is to boot up

Here are my hardware specs:
HP OMEN-15dc0082tx
8 gb RAM (7.81 gb usable)
Intel i7-8750H
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti / Intel UHD graphics 630
1 TB hdd (c: drive is hdd) 250 gb SSD

Last edited:
Reaction score
I tried going in the registry to disable the scanning, Doing a clean boot and even messing around with my hard drive to make it faster but it just doesnt work, I even done a factory reset but still it boots up like crazy slow
Just as a side note: this laptop costed 1,500 dollars for a 1 hour bootup and a very bad gpu, I might as well think HP is a scam altogether

Ask a Question