Windows 10 Technical Preview Notice...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Windows 10 Technical Preview is an early stage Operating System Evaluation and should not be employed as a upgrade or replacement for the Operating System on your primary computer without foreknowledge and consideration as to the consequences of what will happen to your system as the builds advance toward a final finished product. There is no information at this time regarding an upgrade path from an early Preview to a finished product.

Reaction score
if u can't give folks an a semblance of somewhat stable os, why release it until its fit to be released? answer me this!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Actually I believe that Microsoft has in fact answered this on multiple occasions.
It seems that they want user input as to how the "finished" product should look and feel.
Hence the Windows Insider Program and the Windows Insider Hub and all the associated User Feedback.

Reaction score
I've found the preview to be surprisingly stable and useable. Microsoft needs to know how the system will perform on as wide a variety of configurations as possible, hence, a technical preview released to the public. There are plenty of warnings that it is in the early stages and should not be used for important tasks that one cannot afford to lose in event of a serious crash. I chose to put in an empty solid state drive and load up the preview on it. If it crashes or gets fubared it's no big deal since my Windows 8.1 install is sitting safely on a stand next to the computer.

Reaction score
hoy descargue el preview de w10 y no me funciono el auto run estoy untilisando una maquina virtual y no carga el iso y desde adentro me dice que SPWIZENG.DLL no esta diseñado para ejecutarse en windows????? por que es este erro ?????

Reaction score
I have found windows 10 9926 to be 100% stable, still using windows 8.1 Pro as my main, although I do dual boot both, and use either interchangeably. Since I use classic shell on both and stay 100% in desktop, the main way I differentiate between them is my choice of wallpaper.

Cheers,
Semper Fi,
the Old Marine

Reaction score
I tried dualboot W10TP 9926 > 10014 several times on my ancient XP-era HP. The PC has been on W7HP for several years and works fine but pokey. As for W10, it seems amazingly like 7, with a dash of Metro in the start menu. I don't see, given what little I have to work with, how W10 represents a future. I've given up on it for now but will likely snatch the free upgrade when it's ready, maybe even get it inside a real computer.

Anyway, it was nice of them to let us tinker with it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
if u can't give folks an a semblance of somewhat stable os, why release it until its fit to be released? answer me this!

Because it's called Beta testing you get a better test group by using in a real environment user will actually use the OS for.

Reaction score
Hi guys, we are excited that the W10 is right around the corner. I think it's great that they released a Tech Preview and for those of us building Windows apps - just want to know how we can get access to Centennial? Can anyone help here?

I also want to share that Mailbird just launched Unified Inbox Plus, so for those of you who have many email accounts it will funnel all of them into one unified inbox and system folders - and it will be W10 ready with touch support. Hope you guys can try it out before we release the W10 version :D

But back to access to Centennial...anyone know?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
just want to know how we can get access to Centennial?
This question should probably be its' own thread but....
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of public information out there about it at this point.
Q: When will it be available?
A:
No date was given, only that it is not currently available.From some of the hedging that John did on some pretty big issues, I would guess that they are very early on in the development of the tool, but would probably privately work with a few important ISVs are part of the release process.
SOURCE: From an article dated May 29th 2015 (so a month and a half ago or so) http://www.brianmadden.com/blogs/ti...p-V-spinoff-for-Win32-and-Universal-Apps.aspx

Reaction score
Windows !0 is out as of this post and I was a early first few million installers....I have to thank those that installed the preview and helped out that way. Thanks. I did not have that much guts as I was hoping for more update options other than completely automatic would be available as I heard there would be no options in this manner-this has created a issue for me as I thought it would (hence no guts) but am hoping my issue with this can be resolved. I love the look and feel of 10- it looks like it's going to be the best.

Ask a Question