Windows 10 - "The user profile service failed the sign-in."

Reaction score
Hi, yesterday I made a new local profile on my HP Envy with Windows 10. After creating the account, I went to log into it but an error message popped up reading "The User Profile Service failed the "sign-in". Seeing this, I opened "regedit" from Run and found the profile list under
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList"
I went through them and found that the new account was not even listed in the registar for my computer. I am assuming this is why I am getting this error message. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks

ADK

Reaction score
having the same issue / did not check that registry yet / anyhow no subdirectory is created in "users" directory

Reaction score
Hi, yesterday I made a new local profile on my HP Envy with Windows 10. After creating the account, I went to log into it but an error message popped up reading "The User Profile Service failed the "sign-in". Seeing this, I opened "regedit" from Run and found the profile list under
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList"
I went through them and found that the new account was not even listed in the registar for my computer. I am assuming this is why I am getting this error message. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks

It is obvious you have an admin account you can login.
My suggestion :
Login to your admin > do a system restore.
Pick a date BEFORE you created that new account, a date when everything was working properly. Use that date as your restore point.

After that, try to create a new user account again. See if it can be logged in.

ADK

Reaction score
got mine solved / after hint on some forum found files in the default profile with "access denied" / after finding these and forcing access; deleted this files / now can login with new users

Reaction score
got mine solved / after hint on some forum found files in the default profile with "access denied" / after finding these and forcing access; deleted this files / now can login with new users
Link to forum you found the fix for?

Ask a Question