Windows 10 - Unable to connect to the internet?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a VAIO F Series VPCF217HG that I just upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago. So far everything worked fine except one problem.

I have a perfect internet collection, as in I am still able to go on to websites and download/upload stuffs, but every time I try to use any of the Microsoft features, it keeps saying that I don;t have an internet connection. I cannot use Cortana or Windows update and a lot of other features. I tried to use the ""Use SSL 2.0""Use SSL 3.0""Use TSL 1.0""Use TSL 1.1""Use TSL 1.2"" fix but it did't help.

I thought it was because of my outdated Mcafee, so I uninstalled it but the problem still persists afterwards.

Many thanks for any advice.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately "uninstalling" some, actually most, third party security suites does not actually completely uninstall them.
That's why all of the larger vendors provide a vendor specific, proprietary removal tool.
Is your case, MCPR.exe can be found here http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331 about the middle of the page.
Run it and see if it helps at all. It certainly shouldn't hurt.

Ask a Question