Windows 10 Update Keeps Showing Office 2013 Which I Don't Have

Reaction score
I used to have Office 2013 but then I deleted it and upgraded to Office 2016.

Office 2013 keeps showng up and the fails to install?

Why is this happening?

upload_2016-3-28_8-33-1.png

Reaction score
Do you remember how you uninstalled 2013? It does seem something was left on your system which makes the updater believe it is still installed.

I don't know if this would cause a problem for 2016 but if you can't get fixed by using some special procedure to remove the remnants, reinstalling 2013 and then uninstalling in a recommended way my help.

Reaction score
Have a look in the program files folder. I am sure you will find the Office folder is still there. Several so-called "bits" remain uninstalled, such as the info path.
Only thing I found that was truly successful, was to uninstall 2016 again and , this time, manually delete the folder - then reinstall 2016. Very clumsy, but it worked for me.

Reaction score
If your PC came preloaded with the trial version of office, windows updates will still try and update it. Even if you uninstalled it, it's famous for not completely uninstalling.

Ask a Question