Windows 10 update problem

Reaction score
If you are talking about the latest version of Windows 10 which I have been trying to download and install but continually get a message saying "Windows 10 Update Failure - Error Code 0xc7700112" the answer is I might like it if I could get it installed but cannot, nor can I get answers anywhere. Perhaps you can offer assistance or guide me to somewhere/someone who can.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you are talking about the latest version of Windows 10
Nope.... this thread is intended to discuss Windows Insider Previews only and as such is not about the generally available release version of Windows 10.
IF you are talking about updating from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10, then.....
That is a topic for another thread.
Perhaps you might start a new (your own) thread, so your issue might be discussed separately.

Reaction score
Actually, I am talking about updating from Windows 10 to the latest version of Windows 10 which was offered to me last evening but sorry, I do not know the Build Number.

Okay, I shall start a new thread.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the start button and choose Run and in the run dialog box type
winver
hit enter or click OK
That will at least provide us with the version of Windows 10 you are currently running

Capture2.JPG

Reaction score
Hi, thank you for that - it reported that I am running Ver 10 (Build 10240).

Martin.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
OK... so I move your post and subsequent posts into a new thread of your own.
According to what you are saying you have yet to upgrade to the big November update which would have switch you over from 10240 to 10586.
My first suggestion is to backup all your critical data and image your hard disk so you have a strong fall back position.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/windows-10-update-problem.9638/

Then I would suggestion that you obtain the installation media on your own from here......
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
Choose Windows 10, the first item in the first drop down (not single language at the bottom)
Next choose your language and your bit version (32 or 64 bit to match your system architecture or in the case of an upgrade, to match your currently installed version of Windows).
That will provide an ISO that will upgrade, repair (or clean install) either or both Windows 10 Pro and Home.
Once you have downloaded the ISO you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
OR
Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive http://rufus.akeo.ie/
When you've created the installation media then you simply launch setup.exe from the media from within your current version of Windows to perform the in-place upgrade.
In the case of upgrading from Windows 8.1 or upgrading a Windows 10 install as seems to be your situation.... You can simply double click the ISO file and that will mount it as a virtual drive, where you can select and run setup.exe. Foregoing the need to actually create the installation media independent of the ISO file.

Reaction score
Hi, I didn't realise that a new thread had been opened by Trouble, thanks for that.

That said, I am worried from reading other things on the web that sometimes using an ISO causes its own problems, e.g. not accepting some Software Licences etc. and wonder if I wouldn't just be better to leave things as they are, especially as I am comfortable with my current Windows 10 set-up and always aware of the old saying ".....if it ain't broke, don't fix it....." and am therefore not desperate to upgrade. I wonder what other people's thoughts are on the subject?

Thanks for reading.

Martin.

Last edited:

Ask a Question