SOLVED Windows 10 Update

Reaction score
My Toshiba Laptop did the update and when finished I could not access the Internet. Emails were OK. After logging on, my opening screen had been replaced by a window with light streaming through it. Hitting the E button led to a screen inviting " search or enter web address " which would not take you anywhere and vanished after a few seconds. In that few seconds there was no trace of previous saved web addresses. How do I solve this? ( I know very little about computers ).

Reaction score
Wolfie, I am 74 and know very little. My Toshiba Laptop was purchased March 2016 and came with Windows 10 Home installed. It is a Satellite Pro R50-C-12N 64-BIT. I have never touched any " settings " and from time to time Window updates have been automatically downloaded. For 1st time I have found " System Protection " but seemingly Protection is " OFF " and the system restore button not live. I do know the product ID code for the loaded Windows 10. I have a back up PC and although it would be a pain, if I could reload Windows 10 on the laptop via the product Key, I could set up all previous web addresses on the laptop again. Thank you for your interest, I will follow up any further advice you can offer. Notelpats

Reaction score
HI Notelpats,

W10 is as complcated as MS could make it, they couldn't confuse people any more than they have if they tried!. :)

Assuming that the updates caused new features to be installed?, you do have other options like switching the system protection to "On" (Windows Defender) if you don't already have another anti virus product installed!.

I recommend that you first take the time to view a tutorial video on how to use W10 and learn some of the features and approach the situation slowly (I am nearly 63 myself!) as I appreciate that age is a factor in using W10!.

Take a look at the video link first and any other links on the same page you care to view then get back to us. ;)

Several options to view restore Toshiba laptops videos here (BACK UP ALL YOUR DATA ON AN EXTERNAL DRIVE/MEDIA).

https://www.youtube.com/results?sea...oshiba+laptop+to+factory+settings+windows+10+ ;)

Ask a Question